A large public Company needed to divest its industrial testing product line division. The division to be divested would retain a well-known brand and related technology. Complicating the transaction was the fact that the industrial division was intertwined with another division of the selling company and needed to be split out. Additionally, a real estate component further complicated the transaction because both divisions shared office and manufacturing space.
Statesman’s Value Add:
- Sell-side M&A advisor to the Public Company
- Advised on a sell-side Quality of Earnings analysis with Plante Moran
- Creation of a robust, international marketing list and plan
- Ability to effect cross-border transactions
- Negotiated purchase price and terms of the ultimate agreement
- Assisted in due diligence and closing
- Post-transaction true-ups
Purchase of the division by a sophisticated, European conglomerate based in Germany.
When marketing materials were ready for dissemination, a strategic buyer preemptively reached out to Statesman to strike a deal before Statesman took the division to market. Given the work upfront that was done with Statesman, the execution of the divestiture took less than 90 days to close.