A high-end building materials company, founded in Houston in 1926, was owned and operated by the Company founder and his children. They wanted to purchase another company in the same industry in order to grow.
Statesman’s Value Add:
- Exclusive buy-side M&A advisor to the Company
- Familiarity with industrial and building materials distribution
- Capital sourcing through deep, local commercial banking relationships
- Positioned the Company strategically within an environment of ongoing industry consolidation
- Negotiated purchase price and terms of the ultimate agreement
- Assisted in due diligence and closing
Successful purchase of another local company in the same industry.
This strategic move reinforced the Company’s position as a dominant leader the marketplace. Both management teams were excited to partner given similar company cultures and approaches to local markets with specific priority given to employees, customers, and supplier partners.