Statesman Business Advisors - Financial Services
Business Valuations & Fairness Opinions
At Statesman, we combine a comprehensive array of analytical tools, technical expertise, real-world experience, and a commitment to superior customer service in delivering well-documented financial analyses and third-party valuation opinions for companies of all sizes operating in a wide variety of industries within North America. We routinely provide valuations for structuring buy/sell agreements, redeeming shareholder interests, reorganizing family businesses, dispute analysis, litigation support, estate planning and structuring ESOPs.
Corporate & Financial Reporting Services
- Structuring buy/sell agreements
- Fairness opinions
- Redeeming shareholders’ interests
- Determining tax liabilities
- Structuring ESOPs
- M&A transactions
- Reorganizing family-owned businesses
- Determining the value of intangible assets and intellectual property (SFAS 142)
- Purchase price allocation (SFAS 141)
- Determining the value of family limited partnerships & limited liability companies
- Determining the value of professional practices and practice ownership interests
- SBA loan valuations
- Annual appraisals for Plan trustees
- Fairness opinions
- Financial advisory services for Plan trustees
Tax Compliance Services
- Closely held stock valuations for family wealth planning and estate tax compliance
- Business valuations for corporate restructurings and related tax planning
- Executive stock option valuations for tax planning
- Business & intangible asset valuations in connection with Subchapter S tax status
Transactional / Legal Support Services
- Establish valuation / earn-out mechanisms
- Resolve valuation disputes
- Multiple appraiser exercises
- “Fair value” controversies under various state laws
- Shareholder disputes
- Tax-related controversies
- ESOP matters and other ERISA-related disputes involving valuation issues
- Analysis of complex business issues from a valuation perspective
- M&A related disputes / litigation
Throughout a company’s life cycle, issues and opportunities arise where choosing the most appropriate strategic alternative can have a material impact on shareholder value. We apply our extensive experience to assist our clients in evaluating alternatives and making the best strategic decisions at critical points in the development of their companies. By combining keen financial insight with the knowledge gained from guiding multiple firms through both periods of opportunity and challenge, Statesman can be an ideal strategic partner offering a very beneficial objective perspective.
Financial Modeling & Forecasting
Statesman augments our clients internal budgeting and financial planning capabilities by developing innovative and comprehensive financial models that assist clients in developing flexible forecasts with state-of-the art scenario analysis including fully integrated income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statements. Our modeling services have been used in routine budgeting, strategic forecasting, mergers and acquisitions, capital sourcing and restructuring.
Transaction Due Diligence
Statesman leverages our unique understanding of the middle market to provide a broad range of Transaction Due Diligence services that are tailored to our clients’ specific needs. We are able to assist in a limited transaction support role or work collaboratively with our client throughout the entire deal process to ensure maximum value is realized. Our transaction services include:
- Pre-Deal Evaluations: identification of risks, potential deal breakers, evaluation of potential synergies, financial analysis, and benchmarking of the business against industry peers.
- Deal Structuring: advice on the development of efficient deal structures and preparation of supporting financial models or model evaluation.
- Due Diligence: assessment of key drivers behind maintainable profits and cash flows, quality of earnings, market dynamics, forecast evaluations, tax matters, information systems, accounting systems and controls, operational issues, management structure, compensation and benefits, legal and environmental matters.
- Closing Assistance: negotiations support, model purchase price adjustment mechanisms (working capital and earnouts), and assistance with other business oriented closing issues.